Friday, December 7, 2007

Edith's Wish List

updated 8/31/11

I would like to have the base game and ANY of the expansion sets. This is a fabulous game.
Dominion Big Box 2010 Amazon Exclusive
Price: $76.87 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
ASIN: B003Y737CO


Gift cert for guitar lessons from Ken Jehle - 1 lesson is $17.50.

Tickets to a play or movie.

Subscription to Vogue Knitting or Interweave Knits.

Gift cert for guitar *stuff* like strings, tuner, capo, fancy stools.

Yarn organization assistance.

Yarn: Fingering or sock weights are what I end up stashing a lot. I do still like to make socks, but I don't do it much. I prefer my sock yarns to be self-striping or patterning, because it keeps me from getting bored. Austermann Step is my favorite sock yarn, and it's pricey. $20.95/ball...which does make a full pair of socks.

I like primary colors and heathered tones. I have a tendency toward pink, especially dusky pinks, and toward creamy tans and warm browns. I like wool, especially merino wool, and wool blends that are not too itchy. I don’t really like to knit with cotton unless I am knitting dishcloths. I like to knit dishcloths, but if you will be offended seeing your gift end up washing my dishes, then don’t give me cotton yarn. Some fibers I lust after include the cashmere and cashmere blends from Sarah’s Yarns, Silky Wool by Elsebeth Lavold, Beaded Silk from Artyarns, I actually like some mohair now! I still hate itchy mohair, but kidsilk mohair and that karabella stuff from Sarah Jane's are actually pleasant and soft. I can always use single balls of any color of worsted-weight or bulky wool. I want to make a blanket one of these days. Some suggested luxury-value yarns are Knitpicks Cadena, Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, and Knitpicks Andean Treasure. Any color, seriously. I want this blanket that I envision to be Bursting with Color, and really interesting in texture.

Pretty glass bottles for making/ storing liquers (they need sealable lids)

Fruit, like from Harry & David

1 comment:

Edith said...

UPDATES:

Ken Jehle's lessons now cost $20 per 1/2 hour.

I have more candles than I can shake a stick at. I like all the ones I have, but I probably don't need any for Christmas this year.

I love 800 Degrees Pizza. Gift certificates to there would be welcomed!