Friday, September 30, 2011
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Friday, September 2, 2011
What I have discovered about exercise and me:
1. I seem to like cardio that is not too fast-stepping or complicated, and involves some use of weights. My favorite one is The Firm workout with Janet Jones, even though I hate her.
2. I like doing a half hour where I really sweat and feel that I've done something rather than a longer workout where I don't feel like I've gotten as much done. I guess that seems logical. :)
3. I do like exercising with Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies 2, 3 and 4. He's so darned cute and I don't care what anyone else says or that Becky made fun of me when she brought me my hold.
4. If I don't exercise every day, I don't want to do it the day after no exercise. The same happens on the two nights when I get home late and can only do 10-15 minutes instead of a half hour. If I don't do a half hour a day, apparently, I lose my happy exercise endorphins and become lethargic.
5. I must keep water next to me. Otherwise I have to stop during the routine and go get water. I don't know why I continue to forget this.
6. I need new gymshoes. I have new gymshoes but the left foot is apparently smaller than the right and the shoe scoots around on my foot and rubs my Achilles tendon. I have the same experience with my old shoes. Maybe I should just cut off the rise at the back of the shoe.
7. I have a favorite workout outfit. If I don't get to wear it because it's in the laundry, I don't enjoy my workout as much. I'm thinking of going back to where I got the tank top at the beginning of the summer to see if they still have any left. I should do it fast. They'll probably have winter coats out after Labor Day.
8. Hard wood floors are very cool to lay on after a workout.
Overall, I have been enjoying it. My weight has not changed yet, but I think that's because I've been losing fat and gaining muscle. So far I have lost an inch in my chest, inch in my waist, inch in my hip, and inch in my upper thigh, and a half inch in my upper arm. Pretty cool! :)