Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Dubya

A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it.
George W. Bush, July 27, 2001

After all, Europe is America's closest ally.
George W. Bush, Mainz, Germany, Feb. 23, 2005

All I can tell you is when the governor calls, I answer his phone.
George W. Bush, San Diego, Calif., Oct. 25, 2007

And my concern, David, is several.
George W. Bush, to NBC's David Gregory, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2007

And so during these holiday seasons, we thank our blessings.
George W. Bush, Fort Belvoir, Va., Dec. 10, 2004

And there is distrust in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the amount of distrust that exists in this town. And I'm sorry it's the case, and I'll work hard to try to elevate it.
George W. Bush, interview on National Public Radio, Jan. 29, 2007

Arbolist … Look up the word. I don't know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it's an arbo-tree-ist, somebody who knows about trees.
George W. Bush, as quoted in USA Today, Aug. 21, 2001

As a society, we must demand something better, because there is no second-rate children in America.
George W. Bush

As yesterday's positive report card shows, childrens do learn when standards are high and results are measured.
George W. Bush, on the No Child Left Behind Act, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2007

Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better.
George W. Bush, in a press conference with Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien. Sept. 24, 2001

Either we'll succeed, or we won't succeed. And the definition of success as I described is sectarian violence down. Success is not no violence.
George W. Bush, on Iraq, Washington, D.C., May 2, 2007

Expectations rise above that which is expected.
George W. Bush

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.
George W. Bush, LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill.
George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 19, 2003

I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport.
George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

I can press when there needs to be pressed; I can hold hands when there needs to be -- hold hands.
George W. Bush, on how he can contribute to the Middle East peace process, 2008

I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah.
George W. Bush, at a White House Menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001

I do remain confident in Linda. She'll make a fine labor secretary. From what I've read in the press accounts, she's perfectly qualified.
George W. Bush, commenting on Linda Chavez, Jan. 8, 2001

'I don't know why you're talking about Sweden. They're the neutral one. They don't have an army.''
George W. Bush, during an Oval Office meeting with Rep. Tom Lantos, as reported by the New York Times

... if you find a person that you've never seen before getting in a crop duster that doesn't belong to you -- report it.
George W. Bush

If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.
George W. Bush, Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.
George W. Bush, Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

I like my buddies from west Texas. I liked them when I was young, I liked them then I was middle-age, I liked them before I was president, and I like them during president, and I like them after president.
George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Feb. 1, 2006

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children.
George W. Bush, second presidential debate, Oct. 11, 2000

I'm going to spend a lot of time on Social Security. I enjoy it. I enjoy taking on the issue. I guess, it's the Mother in me.
George W. Bush, Washington D.C., April 14, 2005

I'm going to try to see if I can remember as much to make it sound like I'm smart on the subject.
George W. Bush, answering a question about a possible flu pandemic, Cleveland, July 10, 2007

I'm the commander — see, I don't need to explain — I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president.
George W. Bush, as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

I'm the master of low expectations.
George W. Bush, aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

In my attitude, it doesn’t matter how high the hurdle is, we’ll cross it.
George W. Bush

In this job you've got a lot on your plate on a regular basis; you don't have much time to sit around and wander, lonely, in the Oval Office, kind of asking different portraits, 'How do you think my standing will be?'
George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 16, 2005

I think -- tide turning -- see, as I remember -- I was raised in the desert, but tides kind of -- it's easy to see a tide turn -- did I say those words?
George W. Bush, asked if the tide was turning in Iraq, Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006

I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun.
George W. Bush, third presidential debate, St. Louis, Missouri, Oct. 18, 2000

....it is better to succeed with success than failure.
George W. Bush Jan. 21, 2001, Inauguration speech

It is white.
George W. Bush, asked by a child in Britain what the White House was like, July 19, 2001

It's amazing I won. I was running against peace, prosperity, and incumbency.
George W. Bush, June 14, 2001, speaking to Swedish Prime Minister Goran Perrson, unaware that a live television camera was still rolling.

It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.
George W. Bush, Reuters, May 5, 2000

It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.
George W. Bush, Arlington Heights, Ill., Oct. 24, 2000

I understand small business growth. I was one.
George W. Bush, New York Daily News, Feb. 19, 2000

I've been in politics long enough to know that polls just go poof at times.
George W. Bush, Tipp City, Ohio, April 19, 2007

I've told you I don't live and die by the polls. Thus, I will refrain from pointing out that we're not doing too bad in those polls.
George W. Bush, in the New Republic

I want to thank the astronauts who are with us, the courageous spacial entrepreneurs who set such a wonderful example for the young of our country.
George W. Bush, Washington, D.C. Jan. 14, 2004

Listen, I understand water. I grew up in Midland, Texas. You remember how much water we didn’t have there.
George W. Bush

More than two decades later, it is hard to imagine the Revolutionary War coming out any other way.
George W. Bush, Martinsburg, W. Va., July 4, 2007

My job is a job to make decisions. I'm a decision -- if the job description were, what do you do -- it's decision maker.
George W. Bush, Tipp City, Ohio, April 19, 2007

Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods.
George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2000

No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.
George W. Bush, to Robert Sherman of American Atheist Press, at the Chicago airport while announcing federal disaster relief for Illinois

Nobody said it was going to be easy, and nobody was right.
George W. Bush, quoted in Asiaweek magazine

Now, like, I’m president. It would be pretty hard for some drug guy to come to the White House and start offering it up, you know? I bet if they did, I hope I would say, Hey, get lost. We don’t want any of that.
George Bush

One has a stronger hand when there's more people playing your same cards.
George W. Bush, on holding six-party talks with North Korea, Washington, D.C., Oct. 11, 2006

One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected.
George W. Bush, Los Angeles, Sept. 27, 2000

One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.
George W. Bush, Jan. 3, 2000

Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?
George W. Bush, Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000

Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
George W. Bush, in a speech about childhood education, Washington, D.C., April 2, 2002

States should have the right to enact... laws...particularly to end the inhumane practice of ending a life that otherwise could live.
George W. Bush, Gov. of Texas, state leading in executions

That's George Washington, the first president, of course. The interesting thing about him is that I read three -- three or four books about him last year. Isn't that interesting?
George W. Bush, while showing German newspaper reporter Kai Diekmann the Oval Office, Washington, D.C., May 5, 2006

The goals for this country are peace in the world. And the goals for this country are a compassionate American for every single citizen.
George W. Bush

The idea of putting subliminable messages into ads is ridiculous.
George W. Bush, Sept. 2000

The only way we can win is to leave before the job is done.
George W. Bush, Greeley, Colo., Nov. 4, 2006

The point I say to you is is that…uh, you know… if what you’re suggesting is is that… uh… what I’m suggesting to you is that you can’t name a foreign minister of Mexico, therefore, uh, you know, you’re not capable of what we should do, but the truth of the matter is you is, you are, whether you can or not.
George W. Bush

The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur.
George W. Bush, discussing the decline of the French economy with British Prime Minister Tony Blair

The relations with, uhh -- Europe are important relations, and they've, uhh -- because, we do share values. And, they're universal values, they're not American values or, you know -- European values, they're universal values. And those values -- uhh -- being universal, ought to be applied everywhere.
George W. Bush, at a press conference with European Union dignitaries, Washington, D.C., June 20, 2005

The senator has got to understand if he's going to have -- he can't have it both ways. He can't take the high horse and then claim the low road.
George W. Bush, on Sen. John McCain, speaking to reporters in Florence, S.C., Feb. 17, 2000

Then you wake up at the high school level and find out that the illiteracy level of our children are appalling.
George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 23, 2004

There may be some tough times here in America. But this country has gone through tough times before, and we're going to do it again.
George W. Bush, Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

There's a lot of blowhards in the political process, you know, a lot of hot-air artists, people who have got something fancy to say.
George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 17, 2007

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

They misunderestimated me.
George W. Bush, Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

This is a part of the world where killing have been going on for a long, long time.
George W. Bush

We ought to make the pie higher.
George W. Bush, South Carolina Republican Debate, Feb. 15, 2000

We stand for things.
George W. Bush, Davenport, Iowa, Aug. 5, 2004

We've got battling green eye shades
George W. Bush, in a debate with Senator John Kerry

…we've reformed the system to make sure that we solve problems early, before they're too late.
George W. Bush

What I'm telling you is there's too many junk lawsuits suing too many doctors.
George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 10, 2007

When a drug comes in from Canada, I wanna make sure it cures ya, not kill ya. ... And what my worry is is that, you know, it looks like it's from Canada, and it might be from a Third World.
George W. Bush

When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive.
George W. Bush, Washington, D.C. Sept. 19, 2001

Wow! Brazil is big.
George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Brasilia, Brazil, Nov. 6, 2005

You helped our nation celebrate its bicentennial in 17 -- 1976.
George W. Bush, to Queen Elizabeth, Washington, D.C., May 7, 2007

You know, when you give a man more money in his pocket -- in this case, a woman more money in her pocket to expand a business, it -- they build new buildings. And when somebody builds a new building somebody has got to come and build the building. And when the building expanded it prevented additional opportunities for people to work.
George W. Bush, Lancaster, Pa., Oct. 3, 2007

No comments: