Monday, December 22, 2008

Pics from the Big Ice Storm

So when Mom and I went to the store on Saturday, I kept making her stop so I could take pictures. She complained the whole time because she wanted to get home and away from the big branches that were crackling and drooping menacingly. Here are some branches that fell beside a house.


Lots of branches down on electrical wires.


Mom had to get out of the car and move a branch out of the street.


Some streets were blocked off with police tape because of downed branches or downed wires.


Lots of trees were split right down the middle - poor trees!!!


The ice was rather pretty, though. I wish I had an opportunity to go out and take more pictures without the fear of having a branch falling on my head.


Today the iced trees looked silver in the sun. It's like a town full of silver tinsel trees.


According to the latest updates from AEP, there are still 40,000 people in town without power. Yikes! We're supposed to get 1-3 more inches of snow tomorrow afternoon, followed by freezing rain! Nooooooooooooo!!!

2 comments:

Sarai said...

From Matty:

Wow! I didn't realize how bad the ice storm was. Those are great pictures, but do be careful out there!
You're getting more snow and maybe more ice? We've had no ice and no snow...just rain. Grr...I want some snow! To give you an idea of the difference in temperature from there to here, tomorrow is going to be 48 degrees. Blech... We've had some cold snaps that last a day or so, but mostly temps. in the upper 30's to low 40's. Again, no snow. It's going to be sunny and 38 degrees on Christmas day here. Oh well, at least it will be a nice day.

From Kevin:
U FUNNY :-)

Kevin's Blog. Power restored Jump for joy! About those without power.
Who cares. My conspiracy states: The linemen realized that the houses with electricity were in the affluent parts of town. Now it is payback! :-) While at my brothers I played xbox on a big screen TV. Santa please bring me one for xmas!!!!!!! <:-)

From Roger:
Roger's Blog.
Storm not to bad.
Have power and heat.
No dogs no cats no guests.
All is quiet and peaceful.
Time to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R., pretty good game. Then get some well deserved rest. HO HUM.

From Kay:
Funny Blog.

Melissa said...

Beautiful pictures. Thankfully, we did not lose power.