Monday, October 19, 2009

Commercials I Hate

I was sick last week and over the weekend with, as Wil has called it, The Heiney Flu (H1N1) - and that is self-diagnosed because I figure if a doctor can call anything with flulike symptoms the H1N1, then so can I - and I got in a lot of quality tv watching. Actually, I had Lifetime on watching marathons of this season's Project Runway, which gets a little old the third time you've seen it, but I did not have the energy to channel surf.

Anyway, I got to see some really annoying commercials. These were my favorites.

Turbo Drain Snake. Okay, it's a mascara brush on a piece of tubing. Seriously, people. And what's with the woman who suddenly seems surprised to find herself standing ankle deep in water when she's trying to take a shower? Did she not notice the water before it reached her ankles? Is she afraid there are piranha in there? She is unnaturally concerned.

The Bowflex Treadclimber. I could not find an example of this commercial, though I did find that lots of people want to know who the blonde actress in the commercial is. I can only assume it is because she appears to be so freakishly bowlegged. I believe this is due to her overusage of the Bowflex Treadclimber, which has two separate treads so you can walk like a funky monkey and get faster results that a traditional treadmill, which, of course, are only used as coat racks.

Activstyle Incontinence. I am not sure if this is the same commercial I saw, because my sound is muted right now, but there was an Activstyle Incontinence commercial on that was playing slow, sexy jazz in the background. I found it most disturbing.

In other news, Project Runway is going well and I am enjoying it. I just wish I could see older seasons as well. Psst, Lifetime - Doing the marathon thing every weekend doesn't work so well when you've only got one season to show and you have not finished that one season yet.

No comments: