Thursday, February 25, 2010

Clash of the Titans

Okay, so who remembers the original stop~action, dare I say "classic" film Clash of the Titans, with a young and hunky Harry Hamlin (I thought he was hot stuff back then) fighting off clay monsters and trying to save the girl? I do! It's actually one of my favorite films, despite the mish mash of Greek mythology, hammy acting, and dated special effects. I actually like the stop action clay critters and the wide~eyed did~she~ever~work~again Andromeda acting alongside such greats as Maggie Smith and Laurence Olivier.

So I'm not sure what to think about this new version coming out. The preview I just saw on tv looked pretty lame but I found one on Youtube that looked much more action~packed and interesting. So let's do a trailer~to~trailer comparison and vote. :)

The new one:


The original:


And I found an "updated" version of the 1981 trailer that actually makes the movie look somewhat interesting. :)


I really feel that the original trailer gives you a better sense of the cheesiness of the film, though.

Vote now!

2 comments:

Matthew said...

First of all, I must admit that the 1981 version of COTT left me a scared little boy who had nightmares about it for days. Puppets of any kind and I don't mix...at all. So, I both loved and hated the movie. You have to admit though, the 1981 version was ahead of its time. They did their best with what they had and I think did a splendid job.
As for the trailers, um...can the first 1981 trailer show "Clash of the Titans"(shiny star points and all) one more time? Very cheesy. the updated 1981 trailer was very good. I agree with Sarai. It's a lot better than the original.
The new movie trailer doesn't really give much away. Sure, it has better special effects than the original, but I hope the movie is better than the trailer. I like the drama that was included in the first movie, and I hope they include it in the second. I don't want to see a bunch of action and no drama.
My vote: The second 1981 version is the best out of the three. Next, is the 1981 original, and third place goes to the new movie trailer.

SidneyKay said...

And we must not forget that the first one had the down on his luck Sir Lawrence Olivia in it. He really needed some money. However, the trailer for this one looks pretty good. The special affects look a lot better than the original.