Tuesday, May 11, 2010

BMV Update Again

I finally got my driver's license. You may recall I went to the BMV to get my updated one and was told that because I had a photocopy of the marriage license instead of the original, I could not get a new license. The original went in the mail to get my passport.

So I waited until my new passport arrived and there was no marriage license with it. Kevin went down to the courthouse and got a new copy of the marriage license, which then, of course, arrived in the mail with my old passport the next day (but he still gets points).

So I went back to the BMV with my new marriage license and my other 4 pieces of documentation and NO ONE asked to see anything but the license! After I dug through my files to find two utility bills and my birth certificate and made sure to have my new social security and passport paperwork with me. And this is for the new supposedly "secure" i.d. I know I feel safer.

I also have a new crappy photo that makes me look like a serial killer. Oh, well. At least I don't have to renew until 2015.

2 comments:

SidneyKay said...

You probably just had a maniac customer service person the first time you went...I'd write a letter of complaint...If one person is going to be a Gestapo person, all of the clerks should be...

Matthew said...

I bet you're glad that's over! What an ordeal! You picture that resembles a serial killer? That's not bad. My picture for my college ID shows off my man-boobs pretty well....