Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Brilliant idea #2 – unique touches to ordinary sheers

So I was creating a guest room and had these white sheers for the windows, which I like because you can still see outside, they let lots of light in, and when the windows are open they flutter poetically in the breeze. :)

And I had these flower paper clips that had been in storage for some time. They had been gifts and I didn’t want to use them because then I would lose them, but I didn’t know what else to do with them.

Then I had my brilliant idea – put the paperclips on the curtains! Sounds weird, right? All I did was use white thread to tie the paperclip to the sheer and it adds a little visual interest to the sheer without being over the top or clunky. Picture!
See? Very subtle. I like it because it's like a little unexpected surprise that someone might not notice right away. :)

No comments: